[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

43 minutes ago, Acea said:

No way NAS would only contain WWII naval weapons, and those used to attack naval ships and achieved at least some outcome

Wasn't suggesting it (Grand Slam or Cloudmaker) Should or would be in your mod.   We actually have no idea if Cloudmaker would have ever been used against ships at anchor.  And Grand Slam was not ready in time, to try against any capitol ships... Tripitz was already sunk by Tallboys.    I was only stating that the Tallboy model, via a rescale factor could be used for Grandslam but not Cloudmaker, even though the Cloudmaker was a derivative design.

Edited by Pappystein
Fixed error

Are these turrets supposed to be this big or do I just have an issue? It's pretty impossible to make anything with them, as anything this big would crash the game if I were to make a craft with it. even if I use Tweakscale to fully enlarge the Maritime Pack hull, the turret is still too large and barely fits.466642429d5ce0bd3f22741b020d52c4.jpg

6 hours ago, T1mo98 said:

Are these turrets supposed to be this big or do I just have an issue? It's pretty impossible to make anything with them, as anything this big would crash the game if I were to make a craft with it. even if I use Tweakscale to fully enlarge the Maritime Pack hull, the turret is still too large and barely fits.466642429d5ce0bd3f22741b020d52c4.jpg

Well you know Maritime Pack focuses on civilian vessels. It's not really wise to put a battleship turret on it and if you want to, choose a destroyer or cruiser gun.

2 hours ago, Satal said:

Not bad .But i think i need a large ship。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Check WW2 Warships and remember to turn off Chinese IME next time XD

Edited by Acea

Log:

Pv4DJyu.png

Exams are almost over and we're ready to add one more additional version, the 0.3.1 update. More parts on the way but still let's have a preview of 0.3.5.

Edited by Acea

1 hour ago, Noellen said:

Some medium sized weapons.

tank-turret size.

BTW great new parts!

Didn't see any ship larger than a frigate during WWII would use such small turrets but we'll look for that

Log:

la4W48V.png

I know you want to see a new update soon but seems 0.3.0 would be the last one in 2015. We have a bunch of new stuffs to show you guys in the coming new year and I'm looking forward to KSP 1.1 eagerly. 

Texture in preview above is an early development version and doesn't present its final appearance.

Edited by Acea

Log:

Today Chinese government seems to have blocked Kerbal Stuff for no reason.

Since I can't get access to my own page, it may take some time before we continue to update and maintain NAS, or find a stable proxy And I've solved that problem. The next update will be soon in 2016.

Happy new year guys.

Edited by Acea

20 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Might I suggest submarine deck guns?

tumblr_ngg58ybsp41rtj3uto1_500.jpg

Submarine weapons are on our schedule but it'll be after NAS 1.0. For now just use the existing 20 mm twin Oerlikon.

7 hours ago, Acea said:

Log:

Happy new year to everyone!

Thanks for your support from August 2015 and we'll do our best to present you more wonderful naval weapons.

Happy sailing!

A following comes to those who earn it and you and your team have definitely earned it.

PS: thanks for suggesting Substance painter i had gotten $100 in steam gift cards for Christmas and jumped on it.

17 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

A following comes to those who earn it and you and your team have definitely earned it.

PS: thanks for suggesting Substance painter i had gotten $100 in steam gift cards for Christmas and jumped on it.

Seems you've been learning quite fast XD That AIM-54A looks nice

Updatelog:

Pj38kWv.png

0.3.5 released! In this version we present you some of the aerial weapons used against naval ships.

Changelog 0.3.5 (IMPORTANT)- "Devastation From Above"
Some of the bombs now contain harpwner's kinetic penetrator module [shown as (K)], which provides some extra damage with North Kerbin Dynamics installed.
Fixed the category of Vickers 14 inch/45 Naval Twin Turret.
Added 5 new parts:
 - Imperial Japanese Navy: Type 99 Mod 80 Bomb (K) (for sinking USS Arizona)
 - Luftwaffe: Fritz X Guided Anti-ship Bomb (K) (for sinking RN Roma) (Laser guided in game)
 - Royal Air Force: Tallboy 12,000 lb Bomb (K) (for sinking DKM Tirpitz)
 - US Navy: High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR), "Tiny Tim" Unguided Rocket (for sinking Japanese transports)

Edited by Acea

for some reason the HVAR's are kinda buggy, the don't accelerate very much at all on launch, generally float to the ground and explode. is this user error? the smaller version just explodes on the missile rail instead.

On 2016/1/2 at 1:46 AM, Atatra said:

for some reason the HVAR's are kinda buggy, the don't accelerate very much at all on launch, generally float to the ground and explode. is this user error? the smaller version just explodes on the missile rail instead.

It's normal that Tiny Tim doesn't accelerate very much (up to 245.8 m/s), but HVARs work fine for me. We're trying to fix that

EDIT: Changelog 0.3.5.1 (HOTFIX) - "Devastation From Above"

Tweaked a few drag issues of some air dropping weapons.

Edited by Acea

Log:

uEuhuDJ.png

It's time to consider about future NAS weapons.

Next update, the 0.3.6, will focus on Japanese navy, and it has been already decided that there won't be more new parts after 1.0 edition. There's a list of parts (like the one above), but in my opinion I'd like to know your choices. Please suggest here if any nice idea appears.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.