Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

5 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Wait, Venetian Blinds is an actual game?  I thought it was just a demo.

It is. When AtariAge member Machine had the patch made, I purchased a box from Marc and had a custom cart made with the demo. I thought it would be a fun addition to my collection. More of a conversation piece than anything.

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

Nice! I have several of Marc’s boxes, including Chase The Chuck Wagon too. I had the cart and instructions for a long time. Glad he made a box.

Yes, I was glad to see that he made a box for it!  🙂

I haven't opened Donkey Kong because I thought I was buying a game for the SGM (to play on the Pheonix) but this says Adam.  Now I don't know if I will be able to play it.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

My most recent ColecoVision purchase just happened to be Space Shuttle. Here’s my collection of Shuttle games, including another patch by Machine. 
Note: The Shuttle Orbiter (by Avalon Hill) box is by Marc. The rest are CIBs. It took me a while to find the 5200 CIB.

IMG_1437.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008

9 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

My most recent ColecoVision purchase just happened to be Space Shuttle. Here’s my collection of Shuttle games, including another patch by Machine. 
Note: The Shuttle Orbiter (by Avalon Hill) box is by Marc. The rest are CIBs. It took me a while to find the 5200 CIB.

IMG_1437.jpeg

Getting the 5200 box is more difficult than it should be yes as I believe most of them were sold off in the 2600 boxes with a sticker or something over them to state it was the 5200 version inside.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

34 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Getting the 5200 box is more difficult than it should be yes as I believe most of them were sold off in the 2600 boxes with a sticker or something over them to state it was the 5200 version inside.

Yes. This is exactly why it took so long. I found many 5200 carts sold in a 2600 box and I didn't want that. Below are some pics of the CIB. The box has a gatefold that reveals the "Major Event Checklist". Also included a Software Guide.  

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Edited by sramirez2008
Added CIB pics

I wake up, open my front door to look outside, look around and ... find this stuff sitting next to my door. I haven't tested eveything yet but, yea, it's amazing what people throw away.  Thanks to the maintenance guy here who knows me and knows I enjoy this stuff.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

By "here" i mean in the apartment complex I live in.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

On 9/16/2023 at 11:30 PM, sramirez2008 said:

IMG_1437.jpeg

These are very cool to see.  I have the 2600 port almost complete in box.  It’s missing the console overlay for the switches.  It is amazing how much effort and research went into making this game.  And it doesn’t flicker!

3 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

These are very cool to see.  I have the 2600 port almost complete in box.  It’s missing the console overlay for the switches.  It is amazing how much effort and research went into making this game.  And it doesn’t flicker!

There were two overlays included, one for the 6 switch and one for the 4, although I’ve heard of some CIBs that only included the 4 switch overlay.

3 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Mine had neither 

Sorry to hear that. Did your CIB come with a black and white copy of the manual? There are several threads on AtariAge where members discussed buying brand new copies of the game, with no overlays and a black & white manual. There used to be a thread where a member had provided copies of the overlays in the correct size. All you had to do was print them out and have them laminated, but I'm unable to find that thread. Below are what should have come in your CIB. 

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg