IGNORED

Vangaurd Need To Be Ported.

Atariboy2600

Vangaurd was on both Atari 2600 and 5200 and its kills me that this game had never came out on the 7800 and I had been dreaming this game and many other to be on the 7800 and many moons ago I made up some mockup label and game sprites.

I love this game so much I even have both games new unopened and my original childhood games these the photo I took of them.

I dont know anything about programming but why not use the 5200 code and just beef up the graphics but I dont know.

post-5587-0-87485700-1541626212_thumb.png

post-5587-0-58017800-1541626221_thumb.png

post-5587-0-84850800-1541626257_thumb.png

post-5587-0-87189500-1541626405_thumb.png

• Like 2

I always liked Vanguard as well. I got a 2600 used from a friend back in the early-mid 80s - I traded him a box of pirated Apple 2 floppies for his 2600 setup - and Vanguard was one of the handful of games I got with it. I played it so much on my little black and white TV. I dig the 5200 version as well.

Porting games from one console to another is not insignificant. I'm sure you could take *some* of the code over, but there would be a lot of rewriting from scratch. Add it to the big pile of "games we'd love to see."

So where's the SNK copyright?

As far as I know:

Wiki:

Atari, Inc. released ports of Vanguard for the Atari 2600 in 1982 and the Atari 5200 in 1983. The Atari 2600 version was programmed by Dave Payne.[6]

SNK was originally founded in 1973 as "Shin Nihon Kikaku" and reorganized in 1978 as a stock company under the name of "Shin Nihon Kikaku Corporation".[2] When Eikichi Kawasaki noticed the rapid growth that was occurring in the coin-operated video game market, he expanded Shin Nihon Kikaku to include the development and marketing of stand-alone coin-op games.

The first two known titles released were Ozma Wars (1979), a vertically scrolling space shooter and Safari Rally (1980), a maze game. Game quality improved over time, most notably with Vanguard (1981), a side-scrolling space shooter that many consider the precursor to modern classics such as Gradius and R-Type. SNK licensed the game to Centuri for distribution in North America, who ultimately started manufacturing and distributing the game itself when profits exceeded expectations.[18]