Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

PC downgrade
Long time ago, I played this game once on PS2 and I love it so much but when I see it on Steam the graphic is worse than the PS2 version. I know the great game never depends on great graphic, but it gives another feeling of the game and maybe I'll not enjoy it as much as before :(

And I want your thought on this one
Am I just making nonsense thing or you noticed this too?

** I don't want to ruin the experience of the gameplay and I forgot all the story but could anyone tell me if all the missions are still the same as the PS2 version?
< >
15 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Yep graphics aren't as good as the games made today, but the gameplay, game engine makes up for that, its dam awesome, our Clan run a DF BHD Server www.pacificgamers.co.nz
İlk olarak -PAC-Death-wizard tarafından gönderildi:
Yep graphics aren't as good as the games made today, but the gameplay, game engine makes up for that, its dam awesome, our Clan run a DF BHD Server www.pacificgamers.co.nz

Thanks for your comment! I just love the PS2 version very much. :steamsad:
it's not a downgrade. The console versions were made by Rebellion (the team who makes Sniper Elite games) It was just better than the original PC version developed by Novalogic.
İlk olarak Szogyenyi tarafından gönderildi:
it's not a downgrade. The console versions were made by Rebellion (the team who makes Sniper Elite games) It was just better than the original PC version developed by Novalogic.

Very useful information, bro! Thank you so much.
I own the boxed PC version, have owned the Xbox version, and recently played the PS2 version on an emulator. My consensus, the PC version is superior.

The original Xbox version was exactly the same as the PC version, albeit, slightly lower graphics (like mouth not moving when characters talked, different humvee/vehicles, and so on).

The PS2 version was completely different from both the PC and Xbox counterparts. It actually had "cutscenes" and a little bit of a story/narrative thrown in. Was it for the better? Hard to say. That said, the PS2 version falls short in a lot of ways.

1. Smaller more linear missions/environments. A lot of the missions were cut short, and made smaller to accommodate the inferior hardware of the PS2. In the PC and Xbox versions, maps were massive, and offered endless possibilites on how to approach things. Especially in the expansion Team Sabre that the PC saw.

2. You had to spend points to unlock equipment and perks. In the PC and Xbox versions, all equipment was unlocked right away, available to use how you saw fit. There was no perk systems either.

3. Lower graphics quality. You may remember the PS2 version looking good, but I can say with the upmost confidence from recent exposure to both the PC and PS2 version, that the PC version looks the best. Easily.

There are more, but those are the major ones.

The PS2 version is much better in the AI department though. I noticed I could actually rely on my teammates to actually kill the enemy. In the PC and Xbox versions, you were very much the "hero" doing all the work. At the end of a mission, the stats tell you how many enemies died. Out of 100 killed enemies, probably 90 - 95 were done by your hand.

In addition to that, the PS2 version has a better squad command system. With actual healing and ammo kits instead of the random drops throughout the environments.

So, after all of this. If I had to choose which version was better, as I said at the very beginning, the PC version is superior. It lacks the better AI of the PS2 version, but in almost every other way, it's a far superior game.
En son PepperBelly tarafından düzenlendi; 11 Oca 2016 @ 5:17
İlk olarak PepperBelly tarafından gönderildi:
I own the boxed PC version, have owned the Xbox version, and recently played the PS2 version on an emulator. My consensus, the PC version is superior.

The original Xbox version was exactly the same as the PC version, albeit, slightly lower graphics (like mouth not moving when characters talked, different humvee/vehicles, and so on).

The PS2 version was completely different from both the PC and Xbox counterparts. It actually had "cutscenes" and a little bit of a story/narrative thrown in. Was it for the better? Hard to say. That said, the PS2 version falls short in a lot of ways.

1. Smaller more linear missions/environments. A lot of the missions were cut short, and made smaller to accommodate the inferior hardware of the PS2. In the PC and Xbox versions, maps were massive, and offered endless possibilites on how to approach things. Especially in the expansion Team Sabre that the PC saw.

2. You had to spend points to unlock equipment and perks. In the PC and Xbox versions, all equipment was unlocked right away, available to use how you saw fit. There was no perk systems either.

3. Lower graphics quality. You may remember the PS2 version looking good, but I can say with the upmost confidence from recent exposure to both the PC and PS2 version, that the PC version looks the best. Easily.

The PS2 version is much better in the AI department though. I noticed I could actually rely on my teammates to actually kill the enemy. In the PC and Xbox versions, you were very much the "hero" doing all the work. At the end of a mission, the stats tell you how many enemies died. Out of 100 killed enemies, probably 90 - 95 were done by your hand.

In addition to that, the PS2 version has a better squad command system. With actual healing and ammo kits instead of the random drops throughout the environments.

So, after all of this. If I had to choose which version was better, as I said at the very beginning, the PC version is superior. It lacks the better AI of the PS2 version, but in almost every other way, it's a far superior game.

Are all the missions still the same? I mean, from humvee mission until underground tunnel mission, is there any difference? (except for sizes of the maps and graphics) All the campaign missions are there? All the contents are there (pc version)?
Yes. You got to remember that the PC version had everything first, while the Xbox and PS2 were somewhat lighter versions of it. All the missions are there, with the same names and objectives.
Yes. You got to remember that the PC version had everything first, while the Xbox and PS2 were somewhat lighter versions of it. All the missions are there, with the same names and objectives.

Ok, thanks! You made enough good points for buying this game. Thanks again!
I know this is an old thread, but I feel the need to give my input.

To be honest with you, I can't help but to disagree.

As someone who's played both versions. The PS2 version is far better. And this is definitely such a shame because many of us are used to PC versions being better because a good computer is more powerful and can handle more than a console - but these were different times.
  • The PS2 version was completely redesigned, on a completely new engine - called the Asura engine.

• When BHD was redesigned for the new engine it sported better looking textures, bloom and HDR-like effects, ragdoll physics, cutscenes, more realistic bullet penetration, and who could forget - multiplayer!

• Another cool thing was that you could actually go underwater in the PS2 version of BHD, and it looked pretty cool.

• You could also change your loadout in the middle of missions as there were weapon caches throughout missions, which gave a sense of dynamic fluidity to the campaign.

• There's no bootcamp in the PC version either. This was nice because it was like a nice little showcase to give you a taste of the features the game had to offer and how to use them when you'll need to.

• The PS2 version included the ability to go underwater as well! This was also nice, as moving over water is rather slow and being able to swim more quickly by going underwater was nice.

• Again, the PS2 version utilised a completely new engine. In the opening scene from the first mission, the image is bursting with an invasive yellow tone - just like a hot scorching day in Somalia.
    Compare it to the PC version, the scene looks dull and lifeless. None of that HDR/Bloom effect that the PS2 has.

Here's an example. Not the same mission(s) but you can clearly see what I mean.
    Here's the PS2 version. Note the polished/smoothed sand and building textures and bright realistic sky fx.
    https://r.mprd.se/media/images/150472-Delta_Force_-_Black_Hawk_Down_(USA)-1496417893.jpg
    https://r.mprd.se/media/images/150472-Delta_Force_-_Black_Hawk_Down_(USA)-1496417865.jpg
    And look at the PC version.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t-0ljJfnlbo/VgZ3h5YXySI/AAAAAAAABhA/T7TnQpZYzJA/s1600/Delta%2BForce%2BBlack%2BHawk%2BDown%2BGame%2BFree%2BDownload%2BFull%2BVersion%2Bfor%2BPC%2B%2B2.jpeg
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hqilrWRvoEc/maxresdefault.jpg
    Note the dull looking sky and abrupt looking textures. One thing you could argue is the models might look a little better.
    Notice how you could also command your fireteam(look at the command module in the upper left corner)! This was yet another thing that was added the PS2 version which the PC version lacks.
However, let's not forget this is the PC we're talking about; PC versions of games are often very customisable and moddable. Fortunately, this is also the case for DF:BHD on PC, to some extent.

There are in fact, graphical mods for BHD on PC you can download. Such mods are ENB's, which stands for "Easy Now, Boris"(named after a modder named "Boris" who is famous for going above and beyond when it comes to modding). These will require a strong GPU, though. You can get the PC version to look pretty damn good using ENB's. Maybe even better than PS2, but I must say the vibe does look different. Looks a little more like BF2 instead.
Before ENB:https://sfx.thelazy.net/static/media/medthumb/DFBHD_2015-08-13_12-17-56-43.png
After ENB:https://sfx.thelazy.net/static/media/presetscreenshots/DFBHD_2015-08-13_12-17-58-46.png

However, that's really all you can do. You can also download weapon mods, maybe some maps but there's nothing else you can do, to my knowledge, to make up for the completely different engine between the two versions.

To add enhanced AI, bullet penetration, ragdoll physics, cutscene and underwater swimming APIs would take quite some work.

Who knows...maybe someone feeling nostalgic enough for BHD will come along give it a massive overhaul ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I do hope so.
EDIT:
Looks like someone already did! Just found this[novahq.net] on Novahq.net. It's called TIOcoop mod and the author says he added
İlk olarak TIO Co OperativeGaming on Novahq.net tarafından gönderildi:
NEW GAME MENU
NEW MISSION EDITOR
NEW AI (Artificial Intelligence)
NEW PLAYER CHARACTERS
NEW EFFECTS
NEW SOUNDS
NEW WEAPONS
NEW VEHICLES
NEW FOLIAGE
NEW BUILDINGS
NEW VOLCANIC THEME
NEW THINGS THAT EXPLODE OR GO BOOM
If you want to play Delta Force BHD in it's finest form, ENB & mod the ♥♥♥♥ out of DF:BHD on PC, or download PCSX2(the go-to PS2 emulator) and play the PS2 version with your game disc, or *somehow* get the .iso file.
But I will warn you, using PCSX2 requires a really beefy CPU. You need an extremely high performance CPU to run Black Hawk Down, I7490K or better.
En son Giant African Land Snail tarafından düzenlendi; 4 Kas 2017 @ 22:46
İlk olarak .Hoodlook. tarafından gönderildi:
I know this is an old thread, but I feel the need to give my input.

To be honest with you, I can't help but to disagree.

As someone who's played both versions. The PS2 version is far better. And this is definitely such a shame because many of us are used to PC versions being better because a good computer is more powerful and can handle more than a console - but these were different times.
  • The PS2 version was completely redesigned, on a completely new engine - called the Asura engine.

• When BHD was redesigned for the new engine it sported better looking textures, bloom and HDR-like effects, ragdoll physics, cutscenes, more realistic bullet penetration, and who could forget - multiplayer!

• Another cool thing was that you could actually go underwater in the PS2 version of BHD, and it looked pretty cool.

• You could also change your loadout in the middle of missions as there were weapon caches throughout missions, which gave a sense of dynamic fluidity to the campaign.

• There's no bootcamp in the PC version either. This was nice because it was like a nice little showcase to give you a taste of the features the game had to offer and how to use them when you'll need to.

• The PS2 version included the ability to go underwater as well! This was also nice, as moving over water is rather slow and being able to swim more quickly by going underwater was nice.

• Again, the PS2 version utilised a completely new engine. In the opening scene from the first mission, the image is bursting with an invasive yellow tone - just like a hot scorching day in Somalia.
    Compare it to the PC version, the scene looks dull and lifeless. None of that HDR/Bloom effect that the PS2 has.

Here's an example. Not the same mission(s) but you can clearly see what I mean.
    Here's the PS2 version. Note the polished/smoothed sand and building textures and bright realistic sky fx.
    https://r.mprd.se/media/images/150472-Delta_Force_-_Black_Hawk_Down_(USA)-1496417893.jpg
    https://r.mprd.se/media/images/150472-Delta_Force_-_Black_Hawk_Down_(USA)-1496417865.jpg
    And look at the PC version.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t-0ljJfnlbo/VgZ3h5YXySI/AAAAAAAABhA/T7TnQpZYzJA/s1600/Delta%2BForce%2BBlack%2BHawk%2BDown%2BGame%2BFree%2BDownload%2BFull%2BVersion%2Bfor%2BPC%2B%2B2.jpeg
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hqilrWRvoEc/maxresdefault.jpg
    Note the dull looking sky and abrupt looking textures. One thing you could argue is the models might look a little better.
    Notice how you could also command your fireteam(look at the command module in the upper left corner)! This was yet another thing that was added the PS2 version which the PC version lacks.
However, let's not forget this is the PC we're talking about; PC versions of games are often very customisable and moddable. Fortunately, this is also the case for DF:BHD on PC, to some extent.

There are in fact, graphical mods for BHD on PC you can download. Such mods are ENB's, which stands for "Easy Now, Boris"(named after a modder named "Boris" who is famous for going above and beyond when it comes to modding). These will require a strong GPU, though. You can get the PC version to look pretty damn good using ENB's. Maybe even better than PS2, but I must say the vibe does look different. Looks a little more like BF2 instead.
Before ENB:https://sfx.thelazy.net/static/media/medthumb/DFBHD_2015-08-13_12-17-56-43.png
After ENB:https://sfx.thelazy.net/static/media/presetscreenshots/DFBHD_2015-08-13_12-17-58-46.png

However, that's really all you can do. You can also download weapon mods, maybe some maps but there's nothing else you can do, to my knowledge, to make up for the completely different engine between the two versions.

To add enhanced AI, bullet penetration, ragdoll physics, cutscene and underwater swimming APIs would take quite some work.

Who knows...maybe someone feeling nostalgic enough for BHD will come along give it a massive overhaul ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I do hope so.
EDIT:
Looks like someone already did! Just found this[novahq.net] on Novahq.net. It's called TIOcoop mod and the author says he added
İlk olarak TIO Co OperativeGaming on Novahq.net tarafından gönderildi:
NEW GAME MENU
NEW MISSION EDITOR
NEW AI (Artificial Intelligence)
NEW PLAYER CHARACTERS
NEW EFFECTS
NEW SOUNDS
NEW WEAPONS
NEW VEHICLES
NEW FOLIAGE
NEW BUILDINGS
NEW VOLCANIC THEME
NEW THINGS THAT EXPLODE OR GO BOOM
If you want to play Delta Force BHD in it's finest form, ENB & mod the ♥♥♥♥ out of DF:BHD on PC, or download PCSX2(the go-to PS2 emulator) and play the PS2 version with your game disc, or *somehow* get the .iso file.
But I will warn you, using PCSX2 requires a really beefy CPU. You need an extremely high performance CPU to run Black Hawk Down, I7490K or better.
You are so correct that this is an old thread XD I tried the PS2 version on the emulator, Sadly, I uninstalled it due to a buggy/ glitchy textures. I found the fix but I haven't re-installed it yet :(
I also just re-bought and reinstalled this game on Steam recently. I have to say though, the PS2 version is A LOT better, with similiar reasons as the comment above :/
Hello im a necromancer.

IMHO i think the PS2 version has its own merits. Its more singleplayer and linear focused instead of the PC's open world coop/PvP focus and i think the PS2 game is great in its own and would see moderate success if it was its own unique game. The team sabre one specially. I think it does a more hollywood looking and cool "4 man specops team doing ♥♥♥♥" Than the novalogic one which is either you alone with a gun taking over entire strongholds or doing realistic platoon level missions over mogadishu or colombia.
Welp, since it was revived I guess I'll touch on a couple of your points here to correct some things.

This was mainly to do to the fact that the PS2 was incapable of running the current engine due to its limitations. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Everything mentioned here is correct, but it's important to note that the PC and Xbox version HAS/HAD multiplayer, up to 50 players at that. One of the best multiplayer FPS's at the time. NovaLogic was always good at having massive dedicated servers with their biggest release being Joint Operations with up to 150 players per server.

Both the PC and Xbox version of BHD allows you to swim underwater. The very first Delta Force games also allowed you to do this. Delta Force 2 even having a specialised rifle and pistol dedicated to being able to function underwater.

I remember many a knife duels in BHD with people underwater since it was the only available means to kill other players.

BHD on the Xbox actually added additional effects to the underwater to make it look more like actual water with particles floating about rather than a simple change in colour.

This was also available in the PC and Xbox version with armories being placed randomly throughout specific missions. There's one mission specifically where it's beneficial to swap to the M21 to pick off enemies from the rooftop clearing a path for your friendlies as they make their way to the waiting convoy.

This is missing from the PC and Xbox version.

Once again, still able to swim in the PC and Xbox version, although the speed at which you swam didn't change whether you were above or under water.

The PC and Xbox version lack lighting effects, sure. But the overall look of the PC version, character models, draw distance, weapon models, ground and building textures are a bit sharper on the PC version and more detailed.

• Notice how you could also command your fireteam(look at the command module in the upper left corner)! This was yet another thing that was added the PS2 version which the PC version lacks.

It doesn't actually. There is a command interface for your squad available through pressing Caps Lock on the PC version. The Xbox version I believe was missing this option mainly because of the limitations of the controller. There were several spots throughout BHD on PC where you would be able to order your squad to perform a "takedown" where one member would move up and throw a flashbang before you advance. Albiet, they were pretty terrible at performing this action. AI in both the PC and Xbox version were just... well... useless. This is one area the PS2 version greatly exceeds in.
En son PepperBelly tarafından düzenlendi; 20 Tem 2019 @ 16:44
Wait. You can control the squad in PC? I NEVER knew this!
İlk olarak Dr. Death tarafından gönderildi:
Wait. You can control the squad in PC? I NEVER knew this!
I didn't either, interesting.
pretty old thread but i gotta say this - PS2 version was released like, 2 years after the original PC version and also was made by a completely different developer - that's why they look pretty different
< >
15 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50