Worms
hl Sep 22, 2012 @ 1:50pm
Worms United not Worms
Does anyone care besides me or is disappointed that this is "misnamed" as Worms when it is Worms United? It has added content thus the Reinforcement content plus Worms is equal to Worms United. We need to maintain the history. Like Worms Armageddon is an upgrade to Worms 2 we do not misrepresent either of those titles by misnaming them. Respect to the original Worms.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Ilya Stoliar Sep 23, 2012 @ 2:07am 
+1
nol Sep 26, 2012 @ 2:34pm 
It's silly that they have given it the incorrect name, but i'm really glad that this is Worms United. I adored this game as a kid. They really should rename it though.
i support this thread
What precisely is the difference? I owned 'Worms' for the PS1 many years ago and it was pretty much identical to this.
so worms united includes the director's cut? or was that atari-only?
Eremiten [SWE] Dec 27, 2012 @ 2:30pm 
Hmm, thats what gog.com is for. Legit and working copies with the right title
Betong Åsna Dec 28, 2012 @ 3:01am 
I agree. I was slightly disappointed that this wasn't the original original, to be honest, but for the sale price I'll not complain.
globefish23 Jan 14, 2013 @ 6:49am 
I suppose T17 deliberately named it that way to make it stand out more from all the other Worms games available on Steam.
Kids these days maybe would have got confused if suddenly Worms United from 1996 had appeared in 2011, amongst all the other newer titles.

T17 already caused some confusion, by choosing "Worms 2 Armageddon" as the name for the XBox title "Worms".
owenbevt3 Mar 3, 2013 @ 10:37am 
not so much dissapointed but certenly confused, having seen this I then sepent a while shoping around for Reinforcments not finding it so got this anyway and was plecently supprised. A silly mistake, I take Bonz's point but calling it Works origional + Reinforments would have been a lot clearer
From what I've seen, is not Worms United. Contains only team deathmatch mode, missing singleplayer mode and have the videos, but not shown.

You could say it's incomplete, I fixed it from my original CD.

The Director's Cut was released for Amiga, not for PC/DOS.
gorgeouskykhan Jun 22, 2013 @ 10:42am 
I love Amiga, I love Team 17, too. Respect for Amiga 500, Amiga 1200 and Commodore 64. I played them with my brother Amiga's... :))
EasyLuckyFree Nov 19, 2013 @ 12:13pm 
It's Worms + Reinforcements as far as I can tell. It's missing the option to play the original worms theme which is a shame. They've also listed it as "single player" which is downright disgusting, as this is my favourtie multiplayer game of all time.
Dash Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:23am 
I seem to remember the original Worms had support for networked play if you knew how to set it up. Definitely not the original Worms game this, but to be fair, Reinforcements was my favourite of the lot - apart from the menu colour scheme.
Aoi Blue Mar 24, 2014 @ 9:19pm 
I think the name "Worms: Classic" would be Most appropriate.

Also, since they are running this on dosbox, why don't they go ahead and release a Mac and Linux version? They can use 99% of the same files, only the DosBox engine and it's config files has to be switched out.
Nihilus Jun 17, 2014 @ 7:17am 
Can anyone confirm if this version does indeed have the Reinforcements Singleplayer campaign mode?
Last edited by Nihilus; Jun 20, 2014 @ 4:55pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50