Insert a page inside a child category of a father Category in my Blog

Good morning,
I have a question for you, because I don’t find a solution for my little problem until now.
I have a subcategories inside my category “Recensito da me”, in my blog. You can see it in the screenshot that I have attached in this request.

My question is about the subcategory named “Chi e come recensisco”.
If you click on it, you can see a post, and you have to open the post in order to read its content.
But I’d like if “Chi e come recensisco” is a link to a post that is directly opened when I click on it, and not a category, like the others. The reason is because that category will contain for ever only a singol post, where I explain who and how I write my reviews for books that I read.
Is it possible to insert a link to a page inside the list of the subcategories in a category of my blog? This is the question.
Thank you for helping me to find an answer to this question.
Best regards.

Hello Patrizia,

Thanks for writing in! Please be aware that what you have in mind is not possible because the widget in the sidebar displays the categories and their respective sub categories. It will be link to a category archive pages.

We highly recommend that your single post title should not be the same as your category name. If need a link to the single posts in your sidebar, please use Recent Post widget. Or if you want to display recent post items with specific categories, you can make use of the Classic Recent Posts shortcode in a text widget in your sidebar. The demo can be viewed here: https://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day

You’re most welcome, Patrizia.

Have a nice week ahead!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.