This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC-Install/Setup Guide

Hello all and welcome to the new PC-Install/Setup Guide. First of all if you catch me while I am posting this please dont post inbetween my posts and that will ruin the guide and I'll have to redo it later since my free time is rather limited as is. ~^_^~

Lets get started.
    When you box arrives in the mail or you purchase it from somebody or were given the box these things should be in the box.
    /~~~~~~~~~~~/
    1)::Jewl Case with 4 install CDs.
    Each CD should have one of the symbols from the three kingdoms in the game, Sandoria, Windhurst, and Bastok.
    2)::A card with three registration numbers on it.
    These registration numbers should be for Play Online, Final Fantasy XI, and Tetra Master. Just look for the Katakana.
    // I need to check my spelling on this kana so dont try to match them up just yet. ~^_^~//
    ƒvƒŒƒC?[ƒIƒ“ƒ‰ƒCƒ“?B -> Play Online
    ƒtƒƒƒ“ƒAƒ‹ƒtƒƒƒ“ƒ^ƒVXI?B -> Final Fantasy XI
    ƒeƒcƒ‰ƒ}ƒXƒ^?B -> Tetra Master
    3)::Instruction booklet

Before you put your first CD into your CD-ROM drive, make sure you can read the katakana that I wrote on this guide. If you can't then you must do this first::
    Go here, to the home page of this web site.
    www.ffxionline.com
    Scroll down, and on the left hand side of the page should be
    ~~Setup/Info Guide~~
    There it will explain how to install Japanese fonts as well and type with them. This is very important since without these, you will not be able to install, Play Online, much less, FFXI.
    ~No song is good without... Oh, cake, Yum!!~
    OSAKA

Step 2:

Now that you have installed and setup your japanese fonts we move on to the installation of the software.

Insert disk 1 of Final Fantasy XI, the auto run should bring up this window.
    Click on: Install PlayOnline Viewer :
    Attached Files
    OSAKA

Comment

Install Shield

The install shild window should appear prompting you with three options Back(b), Next(n), or Cancel. Click on next and the install will begin
      Attached Files
      OSAKA

Comment

Install Finnished::Small Window

After you are done installing the POV (Play Online Viewer) a small window will pop up to ask if you want to install Final Fantasy XI.
        You can click Yes to move on to installing the Final Fantasy XI software.

If you click No, you can install the Final Fantasy XI software from the Main Window.
        Attached Files
        OSAKA

Comment

Install Finnished::Main Window

Main Window after POV (Play Online Viewer) has been installed, but Final Fantasy XI software has not yet been installed.
          Attached Files
          OSAKA

Comment

Installing FFXI

Either one of these options will prompt you for the second disk. Insert disk 2 and click on OK. The install process for Final Fantasy XI will start and it will promp you for Disk 3 and Disk 4 untill it has finnished installing.

After this we have to set up our account with POL. Find the POL icon on your system. This will either be on your decktop or in your Start menu. Click on the POL icon that was installed onto your system.
            Attached Files
            OSAKA

Comment

Setup::Step18?

Here is where we setup your Play Online Viewer account. I have decided to place all the steps here since there have been a few posts about not being able to follow them very well. I'll try to be as explicit as possible.

This follows the PSX setup guide at Step18.
              This screen will present you with two options. The top button is to register a new account. The bottom is for those who already have an account registered. Assuming we want to create a new account, click on the top button.
              Attached Files
              OSAKA

Comment

Step 19

Step 19 has three button, New User, Beta Signup, and Cancel.
                Click on the far left button.
                Attached Files
                OSAKA

Comment

Step20:

This is an overview of the setup process. I wont translate them since I dont know Kanji, and Im kinda explaing the setup process anyway.

Attached Files
                  OSAKA

Comment

Step21:

Here we put in the registration code for Play Online.
                    ƒvƒŒƒCƒIƒ“ƒ‰ƒCƒ“?B

Put the registration code in, leave the input bar on the bottom blank, and click on the far left button.
                    Attached Files
                    OSAKA

Comment

Step22:

This makes sure that you are old enough to enter into the legal contract between yourself and square-enix. Im not sure about the 20 months translation as these screens were all translated by PiNG.

Attached Files
                      OSAKA

Comment

Step23:

This is the EUA (End User Agreement). Who is the End User? Well, you and me. Anyone that uses this software and pays money to Square Enix. The two button are the Agree and Disagree buttons.

Click on the far left button, "Agree." This enters you into a legal contract between yourself and Square-Enix.
                        Attached Files
                        OSAKA

Comment

Step24:

Here we enter our name for the contract. Ermm.. most of us dont have a japanese name or japanese spelling to our names we have to use our creativity and the Japanese input we installed earlier from step 1.

Make up a name and put it in, in the following format:
                          (if your "japanese" name was Koji Hitobi, Last name first)

LastName::In Kanji FirstName::In Kanji
                          (ie: ŒÎŽš ) (ie: ?l”ü )

SameLastName::KataKana SameFirstName::KataKana
                          (ie: ƒRƒW ) (ie: ƒqƒgƒr )

Make sure you put the bottom two spots in KataKana and not HiraGana. It will not take the names if it is not in KataKana.

Write down the name you made for yourself in english as well as the Japanese characters that you used. This is very important. If you dont have this information and you loose your Play Online ID and Play Online Password, then you will be up the creek without a paddle.

Click on the left most button when you have recorded your name in a safe place and are done.
                          Attached Files
                          OSAKA

Comment

Step25:

Your Date of birth otherwise known as your Birthday or ‚½‚ñ‚¶‚å‚Ñ?B
                            Put in your birth date Year first, Month, then Day.

When you are done, click on the second button from the left. The far left button will take you back and you will have to fill in that information again.
                            Attached Files
                            OSAKA

Comment

Step26-36:

Steps 26 - 36 are all combined into one step for us PC users, because we have a keyboard at ready access and the PSX version has joypad support for typing in this information.

Here we are putting in our Japanese Address. I dont think any other type of address will work.

You will need to be able to type in japanese hiragana. This is vital.
                              It seems that the address that I had used to sign up is no longer valid. There is a guide on the help forums that will probably give you a better idea of what to do for the Japanese Address. Here is a link to it:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=6849

The telephone number is for step 37 of which PiNG forgot to capture a screen and I can't go back and capture my own. If someone is installing from here and has HyperSnap or any other such screen capture software please capture a screen for me and send it to me. It can be something that matches the same combination of numbers. four numbers, dash, two numbers, dash, four numbers.

TEL 0246-24-1311

If all this doesnt work try this post in the Home help on this site for steps 26 - 36.
                              http://www.ffxionline.com/modules.ph...howpage&pid=28
                              Attached Files
                              OSAKA

Comment

Working...
                              X