outrun2 arcade mashines!

Selina

Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
53CR
hello uk and to all other no-uk-ukvac users!?
smiley5.gif

i thought about often about that, but was un-sure to do as different reasons... but now ok, lets go... i always thought about, what you guys done at your outrun2 conversion´s, or at you orig. outrun2 mashine! photo´s says more then words, i love pics, and im sure you guys too! so why not Show us your different outrun2 arcade mashines, with a few words with it, what you done one it, ect... i will Show mine in a few days if it is ready to Show. PROMISED!
smiley2.gif
lets go, do the start please!Selina2016-03-02 08:56:05

bbz149

Feedback
24 (100%)
Credits
1,532CR
Both Jap Cabs, the one on the Right is a converted F355 and both running Lindbergh
smiley20.gif
I still have to install the SP Sticker on one of the Cabs and install matching SP Topper Cards

20151107_175905_zpsckgqhn7t.jpg

20151107_174936_zpsfymcsqfc.jpg

These are the 32" Screens
smiley4.gif

20150918_210534_zpsvaayksom.jpg

AndyGeezer

Credits
362CR
Done over 20+ Outrun2 machine conversions..

Cabinets I've converted

F355s x 6 or so

Initial Ds x 6 or so

Club Kart x 1

RaceTV x 6

R-Tuned x 4

Ordy (giz10p) and I where the first to-do OR2 conversions way back in 2006.

As I developed the OR2 SP HD version, I've done maybe 50 or so conversion kits for that, maybe more.

By far and away the most popular Lindy title now, especially when people see the HD version next to the Chihiro one - also fixing the feedback issue was a priority of mine (most people never knew it existed anyways).

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
51 (100%)
Credits
2,148CR
First cockpit I got was an F355 cab with white panels (look what you started Gary!!!) which got converted to OutRun 2 SP over 6 months or so, since then I've had 10+ Sega cockpits in various flavours...Sega Rally x 3, Touring cars x 3, Le Mans 24, Initial D x 3, Planet Harriers, and more on the way now lol.

The one that stayed was the 50" OutRun 2 SP DLX. A really different experience playing it over a 29" monitor.

I guess the next crazy step would be to get a full motion SP SDX - and there actually is one for sale near me. It's 20k though so maybe not
smiley36.gif

outrun2dlx-pix1.jpg

outrun2dlx-pix2.jpg

Took quite a while standing there to get this pic
smiley9.gif

outrun2dlx-pix3.jpg

AndyGeezer

Credits
362CR
here is some photos I found on one of my hdds

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Those with a keen eye will see the VS mode popart on the twin I did for a sales guy at Sega.

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
51 (100%)
Credits
2,148CR
I'm going to put another OR2SP cockpit this summer, I'd like to be able to play some link up games when people come over. I'll probably go for an F355 to convert so I've got a Jap spec cabinet and the Jap shape seat etc. Wondering if I might actually be able to get a Jap single topper this time, I keep seeing them in pics, and sure there are a few more about than there were a few years ago now!

Selina

Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
53CR
wow guys, you have all realy nice mashines. i guess it is the most converted arcade mashine ever! and realy not a lot orig ones exists. but thats ok, why not!? my biggest Problem is to get this parts, maybe some one from you "Long-time-outrun2-converters" can sell them to me, if you have them as spare!?
smiley2.gif

2x black seat WITHOUT SEATBACK-COVER
2x a pair of black cushons.

i saw now 4 different "Versions" from cushons, guess there is a Country Thing!? absolutly no matter which Kind from chushons they are.

wow bbz149, that lcd with this bezel Looks nice! is that a orig sega Setup? i dont like lcd´s, but if i get into it, i will only use a ready to go bezel+setup like this...

thanks for showing your cabinets guys... mine will shown next days....

slowcade

Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
202CR
Selina: You can get seat cushions from China (but they are less nice than the real deal).
smiley1.gif

I like this thread! Here is my Outrun 2 story.
I
remember reading online and in magazines about it back in 2001 I think, and waiting for it to
be released. I was on holiday in Hong Kong in 2005 when I saw it for the first
time in a small arcade in Mongkok. Those glorious (and brand new back
then) Japanese SP cabinets! I was hooked! Two years ago my dream
finally came true, and I imported two from China:

or2sp_running.jpg

They look better from a distance, they have a lot of battle scars!
smiley9.gif
But everything is 100% original except those cardboard toppers.

Since then I have purchased a lot of parts:
  • Chihrio
  • Repro stickers (not satisfied with the colour matching, so I am still looking for stickers)
  • Repro topper, 2 times (not satisfied with those either, so I will buy a third time)
  • NOS steering wheels
  • NOS steering emblems
  • Seat cushions
  • Vinyl floor mats (99% like the original)
  • Spare pedals
  • Spare wiring
  • Spare seat rails
  • SSD GDROM replacement
  • Spare servo board
  • Spare sound board
  • Front speakers
  • Spare monitor surround
  • Spare IO board
  • Spare dash
  • 2x new-looking shifters
And I am wondering if I will go ahead and make it less original, so lately I have been buying these:
  • Subwoofers
  • Gullbox speakers
  • low pass amps
  • Yellow Lindberghs
  • Lindbergh servo boards
Needless to say, all those things cost me quite a lot of money, but I absolutely love this game.
So far I have mostly been hoarding parts. My plan is to strip it all down and powder coat those rusty bases, and then do the rest of the cabinet at the same time. But I don't really dare to do that until I find some foil base stickers (NOS or repro).
smiley19.gif

If anyone has any stickers for my cabinets, PLEASE contact me.
smiley1.gif

Selina

Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
53CR
yes, i also will see this China seats-cushons please! mate, lol, you spend a lot Money in that parts. i love this game too, and also will have all near orig as possieble, but sometimes you have to go with non-orig parts, if you want to complete your mashine...

Outrun2

Colonel Outrun
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
1,023CR
Fair play, some cracking cabs here
smiley27.gif

I was inspired by AndyGeezer who shared his tails (another day, another OR2 conversion etc.) all those years ago when he was the first (along with Craig) to have OutRun2 cabs at home.. well shed
smiley17.gif

I thought this was the coolest thing ever, so had to try and get myself some of that action!

It took me until 2010 to get the space and money to be able to properly start my OutRun2 obsession. Got three UK initialD v1 single cabs in October of that year - two became the OutRun2SP twin, which is kinda Jap (Jap seats/artwork) while the other was restored to become an nice initialD v3 - again with Jap seat/artwork and the ultra cool Jap spec topper..

Didn't quite have your patience to get my version of the 'money shot' Olly
smiley2.gif

20150831_182539_RichtoneHDR_zpsqipegan0.jpg

I also have an OutRun2 single under restoration (again with Jap seat back/artwork and topper) and my obsession has now spread to other Sega drivers of the Model 3-Chihiro era. Therefore, I now have too many cabs in the way to get a nice clean shot of just one of them
smiley9.gif

20150831_182616_RichtoneHDR_zpsoslyzmvq.jpg

All these cabs are fully working at the time of writing though. Should I have said that??
smiley26.gif

Selina

Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
53CR
bahaha, you was the missing guy gary! love your cabs. in order you have Limit of space it is nice to have a line-up with just different singel racers.

is it realy "such hard to find" 2 set of seats in black? here in Germany near unpossieble, but in the uk, you must have tons of this old black sega seats!? cushons ok, thats a other Thing...

terminator2k2

Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
324CR
some fantastic games on show in these pics....always wandered why there aren't many outrun 2 machines out there, possibly cause they are all owned by ukvac members haha....

Selina

Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
53CR
Jesus, so thats hard to find them... anybody with black seats without cushons?

i have to trade 2 red f355 seats, with jp cushons, condition 9/10, would trade them for black seats, with not so nice euro cushons. and with less good condition as mine are would be ok too. dumb, i know. but i Need black ones!