Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

9 minutes ago, D4 said:

I used to place my gluten free order the night before with a head waiter.   Now I order with everyone else at the table.  My waiter says to let him know what I’d like and then he will find out if it can be gluten free.  That’s not efficient and it is dangerous especially with language issues.

I think you got a bad waiter.

RC is well known for being a safe haven for those with food allergies. I can't imagine they're going to throw all that away.

1 hour ago, D4 said:

I’m on the Oasis right now (1/8/2023)

We were on Oasis for 2 weeks in March/April and the current menus are different.  I am gluten free and am disappointed that the menus on this sailing no longer include the dietary indicators. 

I used to place my gluten free order the night before with a head waiter.   Now I order with everyone else at the table.  My waiter says to let him know what I’d like and then he will find out if it can be gluten free.  That’s not efficient and it is dangerous especially with language issues.

This adds a lot more risk for people with allergies and unfairly puts a lot more pressure on the waiters.

Fortunately, I remember most things I ate in March.  But I also tell him safe alternates if my choices can’t be gluten free.  Otherwise he’d have to come back to tell me and have me pick something else.

I would be asking for the head waiter; this is not the way Royal does business 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I would be asking for the head waiter; this is not the way Royal does business 

I’m at dinner now.  I’ll ask a head waiter on our way out.

• Like 1

This new approach doesn't look too bad. A bit of cheating in the creativitiy; Creme Brulee and Crema Catalana basically is the same thing haha but ok.

I guess the additional charge for additional lobster tails on "Royal night" might bring some inteesting arguments in the Dinning Room. Considering those are not real lobsters anyhow I guess if asking nicely you will get a 2nd one. But obviously some people completely overdid it in the past, hence this will avoid people going crazy on that night thinking they need to eat 5 or 10 of them 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Royal Caribbean expects the new menus to be available on all ships by early February

Welcome Aboard.webp

Caribbean Night.webp

French Night.webp

Italian Night.webp

Mediterranean Night.webp

Mexican Night.webp

The Royal Night.webp

kids-menu.jpg.webp

Is this the order for a 7 day cruise, with the Royal Menu the last night? Normally, the RoyalNight is the second to last night...just asking for a friend!

3 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Is this the order for a 7 day cruise, with the Royal Menu the last night? Normally, the RoyalNight is the second to last night...just asking for a friend!

Please tell your "friend" that I don't know the order but agree the Royal Menu would not be the last night

16 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

This new approach doesn't look too bad. A bit of cheating in the creativitiy; Creme Brulee and Crema Catalana basically is the same thing haha but ok.

I guess the additional charge for additional lobster tails on "Royal night" might bring some inteesting arguments in the Dinning Room. Considering those are not real lobsters anyhow I guess if asking nicely you will get a 2nd one. But obviously some people completely overdid it in the past, hence this will avoid people going crazy on that night thinking they need to eat 5 or 10 of them 😄

The lobster tails are being changed from the small warm water species to the larger, sweeter, cold water variety 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The lobster tails are being changed from the small warm water species to the larger, sweeter, cold water variety 

It does say Maine lobster, but I’d be surprised if they are larger than the warm water ones. Hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

How do you look at current sailings on the app?  I can only see my own upcoming sailing on my own ship. Please help!

Click on the little person top right.  Under your sailing click on select a different cruise, click on browse our ships click on Symphony and the current sailing.

• Like 1

Sorry to see no salmon on the menu on any of the nights.  It is a favorite for our family, with most ordering it at least a night or two.  My 75 year old mom literally ordered it every night of our 9 night cruise in July until the final night.  Then she threw caution to the wind and ordered 2!  We all had a good chuckle over that one. 

Thanks for sharing the new menus. Most of the nights it looks like my family (including one vegetarian) would find some items favorable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TKATeacher said:

Sorry to see no salmon on the menu on any of the nights.  It is a favorite for our family, with most ordering it at least a night or two.  My 75 year old mom literally ordered it every night of our 9 night cruise in July until the final night.  Then she threw caution to the wind and ordered 2!  We all had a good chuckle over that one. 

Thanks for sharing the new menus. Most of the nights it looks like my family (including one vegetarian) would find some items favorable.

Salmon on French night and Mexican night

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Royal Caribbean expects the new menus to be available on all ships by early February

Thank you! We'll be on SOS next Saturday and appreciate you posting these.

Every night there is at least one entrée I would really enjoy. Most nights a few. Can't wait.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

The app is still only showing the old menu for the first 7 nights of our 11 night Anthem cruise from Jersey on January 13, 2023, other remaining nights state VENUE CLOSED. ?

Typically on a cruise that's longer that 8 days, they'll repeat a few of the menus. Don't expect a new menu for all 11 nights.

5 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Typically on a cruise that's longer that 8 days, they'll repeat a few of the menus. Don't expect a new menu for all 11 nights.

Currently there are 14 different menus.  While they do repeat items, they do not repeat a menu.  They mix and match items.  We've been on many 8+ night cruises,  including several 12 night.  While we don't know what they'll do with the new ones (find out on our next 12 night in April) I expect them to follow the same.