Sega Naomi GD-ROM

Wiest88

Reaction score
I just purchased a cabinet Capcom Vs SNK. It came installed wih the Sega Naomi GD-ROM. I have several CSP II jamma games, and was trying to determine what I must do to play these games on the newer cabinet. The web page states This game uses Sega's Naomi hardware, which is JAMMA compatable. It is not at all difficult to convert in any cabinet equipped to run Capcom's CPS2 or CPS3 hardware.

Can anyone help?? I tried just pluging in the jamma cable from the small interface board, but the Naomi game loaded instead of the CSP II game board. Any ideas on how to powr up the other boards??

I would like to play all the fighting style games on one cabinet if that is possible and not to difficult to swap out games.

Thanks for any help.

I don't have the GD-ROM kit for my Naomi, but the setup should be the same. Basically, all you have to do is switch the jamma harness from the Naomi I/O board to the CPS2 system.

HOWEVER! I believe that with the GD-Rom kit, you HAVE to use the Sega Power Supply to run it, and I don't know if that's in addition to the regular PS that runs everything else or not. A bit more info here: http://www.sega-naomi.com/Iframes/hardware_iframe.htm#nao1setup

But if it's not that technical, then maybe these pics will help. The first is the I/O board you should have (or something similar to it as there are more than one kind), while the second is a CPS2 system.

capcom-io-board-guide.jpg

cps2jammaguide.jpg

Back