Omiai Shitakunakatta node, Murinandai na Jouken wo Tsuketara Doukyuusei ga Kita Ken ni Tsuite - Ch. 8.2 - "Takasegawa" Yuzuru and Yukishiro Arisa (3)…

Dex-chan lover
They make a good couple, but that money thing does put a spin on things. It's not as nice and fluffy like another manga, the move-in and debt one but this has some good moments like the overly supportive grandfather.

I can't get a read on her father. I can't tell if he's angry because he had to resort to using his daughter to help bail him out or if he's genuinely an asshole just trying to get money.

Pray for the former, prepare for the latter.

Dex-chan lover
I can't get a read on her father. I can't tell if he's angry because he had to resort to using his daughter to help bail him out or if he's genuinely an asshole just trying to get money.

I mean he doesn't even really speak to her when they eat.

Her dad is so slimy, not even hiding it. She deserves better. :win:I hope she let's his company rot when she inevitably marries MC.

Dex-chan lover
Could've fooled me with being an inexperienced group. No obvious issues popped out to me, maybe that's just because I only read manga as opposed to all the work that goes into translating, typesetting, etc.
They make a good couple, but that money thing does put a spin on things. It's not as nice and fluffy like another manga, the move-in and debt one but this has some good moments like the overly supportive grandfather.

For what it's worth, from what I remember from the LN, there's a some drama but nothing too serious.

In regards to the father
he genuinely means well. I realize it doesn't come across well, especially for our first introduction to him. If anything, it's the mother. She hates Arisa and has been quite abusive.

Dex-chan lover
Could've fooled me with being an inexperienced group. No obvious issues popped out to me, maybe that's just because I only read manga as opposed to all the work that goes into translating, typesetting, etc.

For what it's worth, from what I remember from the LN, there's a some drama but nothing too serious.

In regards to the father
he genuinely means well. I realize it doesn't come across well, especially for our first introduction to him. If anything, it's the mother. She hates Arisa and has been quite abusive.
I think in the WN, Yuzuru and Arisa are already a real couple

Dex-chan lover
The hyphenation could use some work, and some of the lines are a bit awkward, but overall it's a good read.

This is of those teenage marriage romance fantasies, so I hope they'll get on with the romantic hijinks soon. Delaying the lovey-dovey this long when it's the entire point of the genre is torture.

Group Leader

As for what the father feels, It will be addressed in the future. (At least from the web novel)

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit shizo about this series, I sure do love the romance thing between the two, but hate the 'arranged marriage' thing/concept being force-fed down the characters, and our, throats...

Dex-chan lover
"...it's embarrasing that I felt embarrassed at that time."
But is it embarrassing that you're embarrassed that you felt embarrassed at that part.

She makes it sound as if it's just to inject some money into the business and it'll all be solved, but you still need to solve the the underlying issue. Though if it was just some misplaced investment, it might not be that hard to fix.

The way the father says it's important in her life and "good luck" makes him come off as this really awkward father who means well but lacks the skills to show it. In particular since she's an adoptive daughter, which is often a cause of strained relationships, both positive and negative.

On one hand, he's doesn't play a huge amount of weight on the tests, but on the other, he's still saying to beat some specific person, which is something that can work as a personal objective, but usually not as an external pressure.

Dating at home is perfectly acceptable. And if you're capable of doing that, it's a sign of a healthy relationship, not a struggling one.

She's way too surprised that someone doesn't do the extra work of post-exam assessment.

He's got a point. If you're putting too much sugar in your coffee, and you're making too much food, you don't get to complain about him making tasty cakes. If you're worried about weight, just eat less. Or exercise more.

Supporter
Thankfully for Arisa, Treeasegawa is going to be there for her.
image.png

Contributor
Yes, you two can keep huffing that copium while you both slowly and gradually fall in love with each other. The two of them becoming closer and closer to making that romantic relationship a reality is playing into everyone's hands including mine. :dogkek:

Gramps is wrong about home dates. But I know he's just BSing to push his grandson into taking his fiancee on an official outdoor date.

Users who are viewing this thread