What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Can the Naomi GD-Rom discs be copied/backuped and played back on the GD-ROM drive unit?

GD-Rom disc are larger than a CD-R. Not sure what/if any standard can be read on the GD_ROM. but probably not having a blank r/w gd-rom would be an issue.

Is that what you mean?

-at least it's an issue with the DC being GD_ROM

Just trying to see if I can copy the firmware update disc for the netdimms. This is one of the most difficult to find discs ever.

Last edited:
y0u can dump the disc via a dc via dcripper to sd. the binary can be extracted from track 3 and decripted

Oh I see

It's a shame, that would make the dimm upgrade process much easier (and would minimize people selling overpriced upgraded netdimms on eBay)
This is what I was getting how to make the dimm update process easier, say when you have version 2.XX. I know you can use the update disc in a gd-rom to upgrade. So I figured why there isnt a copied update disc image that can be used.

You can copy it using httpd-ack (GIYF), then you can use GD-ROM Explorer (japanese-cake.livejournal.com/9624.html) to extract and decrypt it. Then you can upgrade the DIMM via NetBoot.
You are a fountain of knowledge my friend, thank you.

Is there some type of guide to the the update processes for the dimms?

I have 4 net dimms that are at version 2.XX

Can the Naomi GD-Rom discs be copied/backuped and played back on the GD-ROM drive unit?
as was said, IMO most easy way to make a backups - get SD card interface for DC, and use "Dreamcast SD ripper" by jj1odm or Dreamshell which also have tools for this.
sdripper.png

as was said, IMO most easy way to make a backups - get SD card interface for DC, and use "Dreamcast SD ripper" by jj1odm or Dreamshell which also have tools for this.
Thanks for the info. I will go to my storage unit over the weekend and pull all the Rev.0 dreamcasts and check them out for that bios that you are looking for.

Last edited:
I got the firmware 3.17 upgrade disc. Ship your Dimm's and I can upgrade them for you without Tyler Durden's surgical procedure and send them back. Cheaper than trying to buy that disc (if you can ever find it). Not sure if it will work though. I know it can't upgrade 1.xx firmware. Not sure about 2.xx.

I got the firmware 3.17 upgrade disc. Ship your Dimm's and I can upgrade them for you without Tyler Durden's surgical procedure and send them back. Cheaper than trying to buy that disc (if you can ever find it). Not sure if it will work though. I know it can't upgrade 1.xx firmware. Not sure about 2.xx.
I was thinking about asking you to do this. I just want to make sure what the update process was for the different firmware versions found on netdimms was.

Back