[OFFER] Sim City 2000 Special Edition (Portuguese Brazil)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
DiskingRound

[OFFER] Sim City 2000 Special Edition (Portuguese Brazil)

Post by DiskingRound »

Well here is a rare Sim City 2000 SE CD I found a while ago. It is the Portuguese version, that's all I had. I'm currently uploading it to the FTP.
This is most likely abandonware, because the copyright is 1996, and the files have a date of April 29, 1997.
First here's a scan of the CD:
It does appear to have some stuff written on it, however.
I'll translate some stuff (Google Translate used):
Fabricado por VIDEOLAR - Industria Brasileira. Manufactured by VIDEOLAR - Brazilian Industries.
Sob Licenca de MagnaSoft Ltda. Under license in MagnaSoft Ltda.
©1994,1995,1996 Maxis, Inc. Todos os direitos reservados worldwide. © 1994,1995,1996 Maxis, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
I imaged it to ISO and it works on Win95 OSR2:
Offtopic Comment
Now if I could find the English version... Also I accidentally uploaded same thing without Portuguese Brazil name, it is incomplete please delete it.

LeoNeeson

Re: [OFFER] Sim City 2000 Special Edition (Portuguese Brazil

Post by LeoNeeson »

Hi! I think I may have the "Sim City 2000 Special Edition (English)" ISO somewhere in my collection. If I'm not wrong, the ISO it's about ~220MB. I'm new here, so I still doesn't have FTP access, but I'm pretty sure I have it. Just give me time (a few days) to search it in one of my HDD.

About your Portuguese version, I would like to have it too (in the future). Just one question: it runs in a DOS window, or as a 16 Bit Windows application?... (I know you are running in Win95 OSR2, but Sim City 2000 has 2 versions: one for MS-DOS and one for Windows, and you only showed the autorun, not the game itself).

Well, since this is my first post, I'm glad to be here (I'd never found the time to register). Greetings to everyone... :)
Be helpful, be friendly and people will like you and return your friendship.
Always treat people with respect, just as you would like to be treated.
Being nice doesn't cost anything. That's the spirit of a community...

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

LeoNeeson wrote:Hi! I think I may have the "Sim City 2000 Special Edition (English)" ISO somewhere in my collection. If I'm not wrong, the ISO it's about ~220MB. I'm new here, so I still doesn't have FTP access, but I'm pretty sure I have it. Just give me time (a few days) to search it in one of my HDD.

About your Portuguese version, I would like to have it too (in the future). Just one question: it runs in a DOS window, or as a 16 Bit Windows application?... (I know you are running in Win95 OSR2, but Sim City 2000 has 2 versions: one for MS-DOS and one for Windows, and you only showed the autorun, not the game itself).

Well, since this is my first post, I'm glad to be here (I'd never found the time to register). Greetings to everyone... :)
It's the Windows version

carlaum1

Post by carlaum1 »

I have Sim City 2000 Special Edition in Brazilian Portuguese too, but my copy includes DOS, Win16 and Win32 versions in the same disc. It MAY have the Mac version too, but I don't have a Mac for test it. Copyright in CD-ROM is 1994.
Image Image

MegaBoyEXE

Post by MegaBoyEXE »

Oh that's great! I have this exactly CD too (Portuguese Brazil).
It includes SimCity 2000, Urban Kit Renewal, Disaster Scenaries, and an interview with Will Wright.
It may have some demos I don't remember exactly.

It is designed for Win95.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

You probably can see if it has an HFS session with a tool like ISOBuster.

LeoNeeson

Post by LeoNeeson »

carlaum1 wrote:I have Sim City 2000 Special Edition in Brazilian Portuguese too, but my copy includes DOS, Win16 and Win32 versions in the same disc. It MAY have the Mac version too, but I don't have a Mac for test it. Copyright in CD-ROM is 1994.
That's great!, may be you can upload here (if you have time).
By the way, I've never found a Win32 version in SPANISH! :(
user99672 wrote:You probably can see if it has an HFS session with a tool like ISOBuster.
Just for curiosity, why do you ask this? (to know if it's an original untouched ISO?...)

Since I'm new here, is allowed to share and post download links in the forum directly, instead of uploading to the BetaArchive's FTP? (which I still don't have access)
Be helpful, be friendly and people will like you and return your friendship.
Always treat people with respect, just as you would like to be treated.
Being nice doesn't cost anything. That's the spirit of a community...

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

My post was intended to be addressed to carlaum1, and wasn't a question.

WhistlerBlackombLonghorn

Post by WhistlerBlackombLonghorn »

I could give you Sim City 3000 UK editio if you want but it is only in english.
"I regret NOTHING!, NOTHING!!!"

skywalker06
Donator

Post by skywalker06 »

I am uploading Sim City 2000 Special Edition English to the ftp, It says for Windows 95 but it has a WIN31 folder also so am guessing Windows 3.1 aswell