• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most sought after gaming pieces

As in, what are the games, consoles, collector's edition and the like you have always wanted but are expensive, hard to find, never got localized etc. It can be anything as farfetched as Nintendo World Championships 1990 Gold or the Starfox Super Weekend Cartridge, to rare and expensive games like Rule of Rose or Earthbound, or just something that you've always personally wanted in your collection like a special edition or the misspelled Resident Evil Revelaitons box.

I have ALWAYS wanted the Raidou Kuzonoha 2 special edition with the Jack Frost plushie, but I've never been able to find it. I'm a huge SMT fan, and since a lot of SMT games never got localized they can easily be my entire list but this ones probably up there the highest.
129581-main.jpg

Then there's the Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw controller. Always wanted one, but have never seen one. I've heard it's very awkward to hold and nearly impossible to use properly due to the controller itself and button placement, but RE4 is one of my favorite games and I'm a sucker for dumb controllers.
03022009305.jpg

Another much rarer piece is SD Gundam Dimension War for the Virtual Boy, released only in Japan and by far one of the most expensive Virtual Boy games and probably the most expensive Gundam game.
571616_9065_front.jpg

And finally, Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shō for the PS2, again released only in Japan. I'm a huge Berserk fan and the Dreamcast game isn't very good, but apparently this game is much better.
54019_front.jpg

Right now I just really want either a neo geo mvs cabinet or a candycab. Absolutely nothing available locally in the armpit of the world where I live.

AlexBasch

The Fallout 3 lunchbox looked cool. For some reason it was dirt cheap over here, and because of it, it flew from the shelves.

The lone retail version was more expensive for some reason, wtf.

Tablo

I would love to have a few unopened backwards compatible Wiis and GameCubes.
A bunch of GameCube component cables, bunch of GameCube games.

Frankly for nostalgic purposes a shitload of GameCube stuff of all shapes and forms, same goes for GBA/DS. And a few really nice (Trinitrons/PVM) CRTs to hold me over for a while considering they don't make them anymore for now.

Any Nintendo old stuff is cool though, and cool swag for special editions.

Kirye

Mine's nothing too fancy I suppose, mostly the games are expensive or I can't ever push myself to just splurge on something that I can already play elsewhere.

Basically, i'd really like a boxed copy of Ogre Battle 64. Doesn't have to be new or anything, just having the box and the instruction booklet come with it would be enough for me. I have the game on Wii though, so I can't justify myself to waste money like that!

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
As in, what are the games, consoles, collector's edition and the like you have always wanted but are expensive, hard to find, never got localized etc. It can be anything as farfetched as Nintendo World Championships 1990 Gold or the Starfox Super Weekend Cartridge, to rare and expensive games like Rule of Rose or Earthbound, or just something that you've always personally wanted in your collection like a special edition or the misspelled Resident Evil Revelaitons box.

I have ALWAYS wanted the Raidou Kuzonoha 2 special edition with the Jack Frost plushie, but I've never been able to find it. I'm a huge SMT fan, and since a lot of SMT games never got localized they can easily be my entire list but this ones probably up there the highest.
129581-main.jpg

Then there's the Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw controller. Always wanted one, but have never seen one. I've heard it's very awkward to hold and nearly impossible to use properly due to the controller itself and button placement, but RE4 is one of my favorite games and I'm a sucker for dumb controllers.
03022009305.jpg

Another much rarer piece is SD Gundam Dimension War for the Virtual Boy, released only in Japan and by far one of the most expensive Virtual Boy games and probably the most expensive Gundam game.
571616_9065_front.jpg

And finally, Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shō for the PS2, again released only in Japan. I'm a huge Berserk fan and the Dreamcast game isn't very good, but apparently this game is much better.
54019_front.jpg

Wow I have all of those, though I have the GCN chainsaw. SD Gundam wasn't too bad actually. I picked it up in Yokosuka at Daiei for 11,200Y in 2005. The most expensive Gundam game in my collection was either the EX Revue JAMMA board or Mobility Fleet(but only because I could only get it as a bundle with a Pippin and some other bullshit).

Wow I have all of those, though I have the GCN chainsaw. SD Gundam wasn't too bad actually. I picked it up in Yokosuka at Daiei for 11,200Y in 2005. The most expensive Gundam game in my collection was either the EX Revue JAMMA board or Mobility Fleet(but only because I could only get it as a bundle with a Pippin and some other bullshit).

I'm so jealous of your SD Gundam. It's oozing out.

BraXzy

It's not really difficult to get hold of, I just couldn't afford it at launch but the Halo 3 CE edition with Master Chief's helmet was something I really wanted to get.

MChead.jpg

I haven't checked but I'm guessing eBay has some for a reasonable price.

Darksol

shining%20force%202.jpg

Not really a fair example though. I'm sure I could probably find it in an afternoon online if I was really so inclined.

Earthbound CiB

my fear is seeing it in the hands of a reseller at a thrift store i go too, i remember some flipper had a phone and 12 snes games in his cart -_-

Zalusithix

Speaking of console components that were in stupidly short supply:
DC_SEGA_DREAMCAST_BROADBAND_ADAPTER.jpg

Granted, jacking the DC into the computer's modem and using it to route the DC over the broadband connection had its own charm. That plus the VGA box began my usage of monitors for multipurpose gaming.

Panzer_Dragoon_Orta_Limited_Edition_Xbox.jpg

i will never own this. it still hasnt sunk in.

I wanted this so bad when it was first unveiled. Probably the only limited console edition that I have really wanted.

Hatchtag

Banned
It's stupid, but these the fact that I've had my Platinum and Heartgold pre-order bonuses displaying, and not the other two, drives me insane:
pokemon08.jpg

As of recent, though, I'm damn tempted to import this beauty:
Persona_q_3ds_xl_1.png

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm so jealous of your SD Gundam. It's oozing out.

I don't even have a Virtual Boy and I hatehatehate Wing, but I'm a gunota with too much disposable income and I want it all. I'm trying to track down the RX-78 PC from the early 80s right now, no luck=\

Things I currently am trying to track down
bandai-playdia.jpg

$T2eC16hHJH0FG2NFdU88BR85k,H(2!~~60_35.JPG

GundamBoxFront.png

IMG_0677.jpg

The Thracia 776 Special Edition, very pricy.
And no, I stick to here for the most part for posting.

Wasn't even aware they had a special edition. Hell I thought the actual release (as opposed to downloading it) was more or less the special edition.
I don't even want to look for a price tag, but I'm probably going to.

Top Bottom