Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
You can think of this thread as a sequel to
Please show cool and / or interesting Dreamcast games :)

El Dorado Gate Volume 1
Developed by Capcom Co., Ltd., Released Oct 10, 2000. The battles are similar in style to Dragon Quest, and the monster art was all done my Yoshitaka Amano of Final Fantasy. 7 games was made in this series for Dreamcast. I've always wante to try this one. Sadly it is in Japanese only.
eldorado1.jpg
31023-ingame-Eldorado-Gate-Vol-1.jpg
31023-ingame-Eldorado-Gate-Vol-1.jpg

Time Stalkers (Climax Landers in Japan)
Published by SEGA of America, Inc. Developed by Climax Entertainment, Released Mar 28, 2000. I imported a japanese Dreamcast and a bunch of games, this was one of them. My first rogue-lite. Lots of fun, imo.
197010-time-stalkers-dreamcast-screenshot-intro.jpg
197012-time-stalkers-dreamcast-screenshot-after-each-dungeon-level.jpg
197013-time-stalkers-dreamcast-screenshot-fighting-a-goblin.jpg

Power Stone
This party-fighting game from Capcom was so much fun. I imported the japanese version in the beginning of 1999.
20107-menu-Power-Stone.jpg
20107-ingame-Power-Stone.jpg
20107-ingame-Power-Stone.jpg

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Seaman to this day is one of the weirdest fucking games I've ever played. I'm so happy I got experience it as a kid back when it first released.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Seaman to this day is one of the weirdest fucking games I've ever played. I'm so happy I got experience it as a kid back when it first released.
I never got to experience this first hand... I think I only became aware of it's existence due to having left G4 on late one night and a show came on where all they did was play random segments from games and the theme was "weird Japanese games". It also had Ouendan (before Elite Beat Agents released in the west) which I fell in love with.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Seaman was cool experience at the time. Would be cool to see how incredible a Seaman like game would be like in this day and age.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I was just about to mention this. One of my absolute favourite Dreamcast games.

Seaman
Developed by VIVARIUM Released Jul 29, 1999. I had the little green microphone addon that came with the game. It made me look really stupid when trying to talk to my fish, while smiling and laughing so much. I love this game!
17001443.L
seaman.0.jpg
seaman-screenshot-02.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Elemental Gimmick Gear - LTTP clone with mech suit and 3d boss battles
Cosmic Smash - wall ball meets Breakout
D2 - psychedelic survival horror

My top 3 Dreamcast games tbh

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
L.O.L.: Lack of Love (Dreamcast)
Published by ASCII Corporation, Developed by Love-de-Lic, Released Nov 02, 2000. It was some kind of exploration game, but it was really weird as you can see. And cool too :)
36407-menu-LOL-Lack-of-Love.jpg
36407-ingame-LOL-Lack-of-Love.jpg
36407-ingame-LOL-Lack-of-Love.jpg

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
I'd like to see more on the online enabled games from that era, and I wish that Sega would acknowledge them, but the only successor of those types of games from that era is Phantasy Star Online 2. I'd love for a port of Outtrigger, if just to see the Japanese take on an arena based FPS, or Alien Front Online. I mean, sure, you'll have the Dreamcast fanatic who will manage to bring the game back online, but its still not exactly an inviting prospect when the only way to play the game online is through a 20 year old console with a dial up modem.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i loved Phantasy Star Online. remember how people who saw Avatar developed like Pandora derangement syndrome where they wanted to live on the planet from the movie? the Pioneer II from PSO is my Pandora

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear (Dreamcast)
Published by Vatical Entertainment LLC, Developed by Birthday, Released Jan, 2000. This was a really cool Zelda-like with great 2d graphics.
973376-egg-elemental-gimmick-gear-dreamcast-screenshot-100-years.png
973381-egg-elemental-gimmick-gear-dreamcast-screenshot-a-view-of.png
973385-egg-elemental-gimmick-gear-dreamcast-screenshot-when-you-lose.png

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see more on the online enabled games from that era, and I wish that Sega would acknowledge them, but the only successor of those types of games from that era is Phantasy Star Online 2. I'd love for a port of Outtrigger, if just to see the Japanese take on an arena based FPS, or Alien Front Online. I mean, sure, you'll have the Dreamcast fanatic who will manage to bring the game back online, but its still not exactly an inviting prospect when the only way to play the game online is through a 20 year old console with a dial up modem.

Outtrigger
Developed by SEGA-AM2 Co., LTD. I bought the japanese copy in the end of 1999. And for a long time I thought I was alone in loving this very arcadey over the shoulder shooter.
22086-outtrigger-screenshot.jpg
22089-outtrigger-screenshot.jpg
22108-outtrigger-screenshot.jpg

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't Treasure have a few great games for the Dreamcast? Or am I thinking just the Saturn?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, El Dorado gate came out?! I remember reading about it in magazines close to when Dreamcast died and just assuming it never got finished. Is it any good?

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Aero Dancing (Aerowings)
CSK Research Institute Corp developed this in 1999. I bought the japanese version and was very pleased that I could do peaceful flight missions. Making loops in the air, flying in formation and just being in awe. Love it :)
51280-aerowings-dreamcast-screenshot-formation-flying.png
19993-aerowings-screenshot.jpg
19994-aerowings-screenshot.jpg

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I've always wanted to play that game Silver. I think I've read that it isn't very good but I still want to play it and will when I get around to the Dreamcast.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
TĹŤkyĹŤ Bus Annai (Dreamcast)
Developed by Fortyfive Co., Ltd. Released Dec 23, 1999. You could drive 3 real world bus routes of the Toei bus service.
556714-tokyo-bus-annai-dreamcast-screenshot-leaving-a-bus-stop-in.png
556720-tokyo-bus-annai-dreamcast-screenshot-the-cockpit-view-can.png
556725-tokyo-bus-annai-dreamcast-screenshot-a-lot-of-traffic-in-shinjuku.png

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Super Magnetic Neo

Super_Magnetic_Neo_Coverart.png

Nice 3D Platformer with Crash like levels and a neat magnetism gimmick.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to play that game Silver. I think I've read that it isn't very good but I still want to play it and will when I get around to the Dreamcast.

Silver
Developed by Infogrames UK Ltd., Released May, 1999. It has prerendered visuals and it also has a pc version. And yeah, it wasn't among the best Dreamcast rpgs. But I am no stranger to liking games that other people dislike, so feel free to love it :)
64549-silver-screenshot.jpg
304423-silver-screenshot.jpg
304427-silver-screenshot.jpg

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, El Dorado gate came out?! I remember reading about it in magazines close to when Dreamcast died and just assuming it never got finished. Is it any good?
7 games were released. Not sure how long each of them were, if the story was finished, or if the games were good. It looks like something I could love though :)

Dynamite Deka (Dynamite Cop!)
Another game I just had to import. Made by Sega AM1 R&D Division in 1999. I could play everything in co op and beat people silly with a frozen fish and play the wackiest beat-em up ever. I love this!
17340-dynamite-cop-dreamcast-screenshot-punch-enemies-until-they.jpg
17345-dynamite-cop-dreamcast-screenshot-two-players-at-once.jpg
17343-dynamite-cop-dreamcast-screenshot-the-president-s-daughter.jpg

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had Deka too and while it was okay I thought DHA on Saturn was far better. Also, that daughter... lol.

Also, the best wrestling game I have ever played:

s-l500.jpg

Critical hits were brutal as fuck. The overall sound was brutal. It was one brutal game. Better than 2000 which went for more realism and also ditched the VF chars.

Dec 7, 2018
I have fond memories of playing a jrpg where one of the main characters used a frying pan as her weapon, no idea what it's called tho.

The Godzilla game was also pretty nice for a launch title, imported the Japanese copy back in the day.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
This will be where I rep for Evolution: The World of Sacred Device as a fun little dungeon crawler RPG. It was kind of generic, but still enjoyable at launch.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I have fond memories of playing a jrpg where one of the main characters used a frying pan as her weapon, no idea what it's called tho.

It's this:
This will be where I rep for Evolution: The World of Sacred Device as a fun little dungeon crawler RPG. It was kind of generic, but still enjoyable at launch.
Evolution 1 and 2 are still fun even today if you're just looking for simple JRPG fare. Replayed both in the past year.

Also how in the hell has no one mentioned ILLBLEED?

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Bro your threads are awesome and high quality but damn give us some breathing room before going to the next one! At this rate I expect you to have listed every game ever created by New Year's!

I'm just chiding in good fun, by the way, really enjoyed the threads

Oct 31, 2017
Time Stalkers (Climax Landers in Japan)

I think this one got destroyed back then ! :D

I haven't played those yet but both Cosmic Smash and Segagaga seem amazing !

I'd say you can't go wrong with either Virtua Tennis or Virtua Tennis 2. World Tour gets harder the more you experience it and it just feels so good to play... The weird thing is that I don't even like tennis that much. Classics.

There's a new Chuchu Rocket out there, exclusive to Apple Arcade.

That's what it is!

I heard a ton of great things about it, but that's par for the course. Treasure is still the king.

There's Ikaruga as well ! :P

Information is pretty scarce on those as they never left Japan. If I'm not mistaken (checked that series a long time ago), it has a very classic turn-based battle system and each game is on the short side.

Last edited:

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
I am probably on an island here but I loved Re-Volt. I got so much out of that game. I have always been tempted to boot it back up but my Dreamcast is all packed away. Some day.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of good posts. I'll throw this one into the mix:

30935-menu-Evil-Twin-Cypriens-Chronicles.jpg
01871.jpg

Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles
It's a narrative-based 3D platformer released only in EU by Ubisoft with the DC port by BigBen. It's not very good and the framerate is somewhat poor but it does look pretty via VGA. It originally came out on PS2 and a few months later for PC and DC. It's a bit of a collectathon with adventure game elements and I would describe the subject matter and overall tone as "A PG American McGee's Alice."

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Damn, seeing all of these responses to this topic makes me miss the Dreamcast :(

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, seeing all of these responses to this topic makes me miss the Dreamcast :(

It was honestly my favorite console of that generation next to the PS2, and I still rather play the Dreamcast over the other consoles. It was gone too soon.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Carrier. A Resident Evil clone

I also remember having fun with Red Dog. I thought it looked great too. Was it an exclusive?