• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
sega-classics.jpg

Bit of an odd reveal, to put it mildly. Rather than using recreations of the original hardware, they're using SEGA's "ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Version 3" arcade system. Though i'd imagine the emulation will be amazing considering the pedigree involved.
So far, only Fantasy Zone has been confirmed.

It's also not the first time SEGA has randomly re-released an old arcade game(s) out of nowhere, did you know that SEGA ported Daytona USA over to the Ringwide Hardware in 2009, and removed all references to the Daytona license?
SegaRacingClassic_title.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
No m2 you got it all wrong we want arcade sega games like Revenge of Death Adder and Scud Racer ON THE CONSOLES

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Holy shit yes! Sega just ain't Sega without their arcade games! And this is such a smart solution, as opposed to what you see in barcades with a poorly optimized raspberry pie emulator. Yuck.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
sega-classics.jpg

Bit of an odd reveal, to put it mildly. Rather than using recreations of the original hardware, they're using SEGA's "ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Version 3" arcade system. Though i'd imagine the emulation will be amazing considering the pedigree involved.
So far, only Fantasy Zone has been confirmed.

It's also not the first time SEGA has randomly re-released an old arcade game(s) out of nowhere, did you know that SEGA ported Daytona USA over to the Ringwide Hardware in 2009, and removed all references to the Daytona license?
SegaRacingClassic_title.jpg
Isn't here also a Daytona USA 3 which is basically just a remake of the first game?

Hm, so how much Manpower does M2 have? I sure hope they are still continuing with Sega Ages on Switch.
Virtua Racing was just so good on there, I want more Arcade gems like that.

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting on Dreamcast and/or NAOMI games on Switch. I thought they had NAOMI running on Switch like a year ago? I worry they're being too sidetracked, with them being fairly small IIRC, it won't leave them much room to work on said games. They still have three announced games left to release on Switch before the current lot ends.

You'd think after that poll they made asking what games folks want to be part of the Sega Ages series on Switch, with the VAST majority being Dreamcast games, that Sega and M2 would get the hint and prioritize them. Jet Set Radio of which was #1 IIRC. I'm pretty tired of these 8-16bit arcade/Genesis games honestly. :/

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait to go check these out at the convenient neighborhood arcade....oh wait.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
So for those wondering, arcades only continue to exist in Japan because many of the large chains are owned by Sega, Bamco, and Taito(Square-Enix). They need new content hence the business model still existing. It's why Taito paid Capcom to begrudgingly bring Street Fighter V to Taito's NesicaXLive2 arcade cabinet service.

And it's another pastime besides pachislot and pachinko since legalized gambling doesn't exist in Japan unless you're the mafia.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still yearning for an arcade perfect Virtua Fighter console port.
Since it seems like they don't care about VF anymore at least a collection would be nice but Sega can be so weird with their catalog.

Like freaking porting the Virtual-On trilogy (Marz? Never heard about it) to the PS4 but then only releasing it in Japan. Gee, thanks.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was gonna be something like the 1Up arcade cabinets but officially by Sega.

Well now I'm bummed.
No m2 you got it all wrong we want arcade sega games like Revenge of Death Adder and Scud Racer ON THE CONSOLES
you'll take revenge of death adder on an 1up arcade cabinet costing $300+ & like it.

....seriously, that game gets ported all these years & it's STILL somehow technically arcade exclusive?!

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully these find there way to the US in some capacity, at Round1 arcades or something.

OP
OP
Krvavi Abadas

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Isn't here also a Daytona USA 3 which is basically just a remake of the first game?

Yep, "Daytona Championship USA".

Hm, so how much Manpower does M2 have? I sure hope they are still continuing with Sega Ages on Switch.
Virtua Racing was just so good on there, I want more Arcade gems like that.

They tend to juggle multiple projects at once (they're also making the Turbografx Mini, an original arcade shooter, three more Switch SEGA Ages games, and possibly assisting with the Mega Man Zero/ZX collection right now.) so i don't think this will be affecting their workflow all that much.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'd love to buy some of their arcade games if they just port them to consoles.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Virtua Fighter 2
Outrunners
House of the Dead 1-3
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder
Dynamite Cop / Die Hard
Spikeout

Take my money, Sega & M2!

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I still think this is a response to exA-Arcadia, because Sega also announced they will publish games like Umihara Kawase Fresh to the Arcades... and that sounds so weird yet awesome at the same time.

Sadly this is 100% japanese news, because the ALL.NET services doesn't work outside Japan, at all (or wait for the hacks... heh).

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't the first time this happened, Taito and Capcom brought a bunch of old games to Nesica in years past (and M2 handled those Taito ports back then too).

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
This is awesome. Not my ideal use of M2's resources, but I quite enjoy playing the Nesica machines at my local Round 1 so hopefully they get this too.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Port Scud Race and revenge of Death Adders to consoles, you cowards.

Stop with those Puyo Puyos and Fantasy Zones. I love those games, but I can play them on pretty much evertying.